“No safer place in the world, no better place to rest, no calmer harbour can be found than that of mother’s breast, and no poetry brings it justice, no rhyme or ancient verse, one word only can love to describe, love that is to nurse.”
Breastfeeding is also known as nursing. It is the most effective way to ensure child health and nourishment. Health professionals recommend that it should begin within an hour of the baby’s birth as the mother’s milk is essential for every child to develop antibodies to fight with the disease. But nowadays, as almost all mothers are working, they can’t be available at every point in time. For these mothers, there are breast pumps available in the market, which will be suitable for both child and mother.
A breast pump is a tool that allows you to bottle feed and helps in enhancing milk flow. It is also helpful for those who deliver twins and premature babies. It also will enable fathers to feed babies. So, today we will review the best breast pumps in 2020. There are different kinds of breast pumps available in the market according to your needs. While buying a breast pump, you have to keep in mind your specific need what sort of pump you are looking for
What are the types of breast pumps?
There are three categories of a breast pump-
Hospital-Grade Breast Pump– It is multi-use and the most effective kind of pumps. It is designed for the mothers who are having medical issues preventing themselves from properly breastfeeding. These pumps are the most expensive ones in the market.
Electric Breast Pump– It comes with a control unit. By this feature, you can control the suction level. It is the most used pump at home as the cost is meagre. It has a single as well as the second type of pump. If you buy a double electric breast pump, it will save you time.
Manual Breast Pump– It comes with a handle. You will have to operate it to extract milk. It doesn’t have a motor. These pumps are quite affordable in comparison to electric pumps. These are not easy and quick to use as electric pumps.
So, if you are a new mother and you are using a breast pump for the first time, choose according to your convenience. Here are some of the most credible breast pumps of 2020.
Buy Best Brest Pumps
|Sr. No||Product Name||Image||Price|
|1||Medela Pump In Style Advanced Breast Pump||Check Price on Amazon|
|2||Spectra S1 Plus Electric Breast Pump||Check Price on Amazon|
|3||Bellababy Double electric breast pump||Check Price on Amazon|
|4||Haakaa Silicone Breast Pump||Check Price on Amazon|
|5||Eccomum Breastfeeding Pump||Check Price on Amazon|
|6||Medela Swing Breast Pump||Check Price on Amazon|
|7||Lansinoh Signature Pro Double Electric Breast Pump||Check Price on Amazon|
|8||Philips Avent Manual Comfort Breast Pump||Check Price on Amazon|
|9||Elvie Breast Pump||Check Price on Amazon|
|10||iAPOY Electric Breast Pump||Check Price on Amazon|
1) Spectra S1 Plus Electric Breast Pump
Spectra S1 electric breast pump comes with the option of single or double pumping. It is light in weight and easy to carry as handles come with its design. Its S1 model includes both power and battery option. It can help you with those 2 a.m. pumping sessions.
With the nightlight feature, the mom, doesn’t need any other light to feed her sleeping baby. The 12 levels of suction are designed to fulfil every mother’s need. Even this will help those who have inverted nipples. It is quite easy to set up the rhythm and speed in the 3.3-pound weighing product.
· Spectra breast pump has a super nightlight and time feature.
· It comes with 12 levels of suction.
· It has a fantastic memory function. It not only recalls but also returns to your preferred pump settings.
2) Medela Pump In Style Advanced Breast Pump
It gives fierce competition to the Spectra S1 because it is built into a bag. It is a ready–to–go kind of product. It makes slightly more noise than the Spectra. As it is built into a bag, it maintains hygiene more than other pumps. It is an outstanding pump as its parts are replaceable.
Despite the availability of various features, they can be organized in the tote bag version. Here in the elements, you don’t need to expose the device while you are operating it. It can have the capacity to hold up to four bottles. The product is also packed with ice packs.
· This pump is available in three versions: a backpack style, tote version and metro backpack.
· It is light in weight so you can easily carry while you are travelling.
· It was designed to make suction and pumping the most effective.
3) Bellababy Double electric breast pump
This electric breast pump is specifically designed for the easy cleaning and maintenance system. It works better as they induce and massages the breast in a variety of modes and fit for adaptation. There are four modes as massage and stimulation, continuous sucking, frequency conversion sucking and normal sucking.
It operates in a quite level with low noise which won’t wake up baby with the annoying sounds at the time of feeding. It also contains nine levels of suction which provides the maximum comfort zone to the mothers. It could operate on both batter and cable power adapter.
The USB charging cable can work for due to the regaining of battery strength by using a power bank or laptop. It is packed with milk storage bags for convenient usage, and the breast pump is made with a closed system. The sensitive nature of the touch panel is simple to operate even with the touch of a single finger.
· It is comfortably designed for mothers.
· It is accurately manufactured with the settings option to ensure the safety feeding patterns for the infants.
· The reading screen of the device holds the essential details, including working mode suction level, time of use and battery level.
· It is a dual and lightweight product which can be easily transported.
4) Haakaa Silicone Breast Pump
Haakaa offers you to save milk that might be wasted. While the infant is feeding on one breast just put this pump on another one to store milk in the bottle. It is affordable and convenient than other pumps. The product can save the milk on the other breast as it can be used as a secondary pump. It would work by keeping the leaks of the fluid while you are using the heavy pump on one of your breasts.
It is simple to use. You have to squeeze the collection vessel which is placed on the end of the nipple. Once you release the base of the pump, the milk will be extracted most quickly and efficiently. After collecting the milk from the bottom, you can also quickly transfer the milk in another container.
It is a perfect choice for the mothers who would not want to waste the leaking milk on clothes or other surfaces. The mothers who have enlarged breast can also seek help from the Hakaa silicone breast pump. The breast pump is made with a simple design and also has a lid to pour the collected milk in the storage container.
· It is easy to clean.
· The affordable and portable feature makes it outstanding.
· You can make the lid as separate equipment if you want.
· The breast pump is lightweight and compact, which is very easy for transportation.
· It is the most comfortable product for mothers who need to move very often.
· Once familiar with the device, it can be used for hands-free manual extraction.
5) Eccomum Breastfeeding Pump
It will be a good option for you if you are searching for a lightweight machine with good power suction. It has nine different suction levels and six different intensities for the massage option. The excellent valve system of the product makes it not possible to backwash the pump. It is also manufactured with the ultra-light battery system and robust suction levels.
It has nine different suction levels and with six different intensities for massage. It can be controlled by the mothers to their comfort level. It has an adjustable valve which can be used for both single and double pumping. You can change the modes in between due to the resent of lightweight unit control.
· Different intensities of massage feature allow the mother to use pump comfortably.
· Mothers can use it more efficiently than other light-weighted pumps. It comes with adjustable valves.
6) Medela Harmony Manual Breast Pump
This manual breast pump is comfortable and practical to use with the handle swivels, and Without the handles, there is no need for the pumps. The product has a swivelling handle which can undergo 180-degree tuning to ease the stimulation mode. The handle can be shifted according to your options.
The innovative design makes it easy to check up on the milk leakage with the power of control suction. The small divot present below the breast shield of the pump would provide the excellent grip of the pump. This breast pump is indeed the best version of manual handling pumps.
· It is more comfortable to use due to its adjustable settings.
· There will be no irritation sounds like in other manual breast pumps.
· It is small and lightweight, which would be quite easy to transport.
· The parts of this product can be easily replaceable due to its availability on the market.
7) Lansinoh Signature Pro Double Electric Breast Pump
It is made with efficient features which stimulate the maximum milk production. It also has double electric unit and is considered as one of the best hospital grade units. It can be modified in the feeding pattern of your child. It is straightforward to assemble and is the best product for easy cleaning.
It is also possible to keep a time track on the usage of this electric breast pump with the backlit LCD screen. It can be controlled just by using five buttons. As the pump transfers the milk straight into the storage pack, you are in no need of moving process. The breast shield makes it more comfortable for the mothers who have inverted nipples. The flexible nature makes the 25 mm Comfort-fit flange suitable for 30.5 mm version.
· This double electric breast pump is made with three various pump styles while each style has eight suction levels with adjustable settings.
· Apart from the cleaning process, it is also attached to the hygienic closed system.
· The product is available with milk storage bottles, a tote which can be carried, a bottle nipple ca, collar, bottle part along with other replaceable parts.
· It is known for its compact design, hospital grade unit and lightweight and it can be carried anywhere.
8) Philips Avent Manual Comfort Breast Pump
This manual breast pump is known for its shied and is made with a silicone liner to provide the maximum comfort to the mothers. The silicone liner can be removed whenever it needs to be cleaned. It is also a perfect alternative for the plastic breast pumps. It is effortless to use with the availability of numerous customization settings
Even though it does not match with the features of the electrical breast pumps, it is efficient to extract milk. It would also make some noise, due to the contact on the collection bottle and it is because of the absence of bumper in the handle. It can be maintained easily as they can be assembled or disassembled.
· It is one of the famous brands available in the market with highly-rated features.
· The parts are accessible to replaceable with outstanding features and reliability.
· It is specifically designed to ensure the comfort of the mothers, and so they can sit in a reclined position.
· There is no need to worry about power source or battery, and it can be easily carried to any place.
9) Elvie Breast Pump
It is suitable for mothers who need to pump in your workplace or a public place. The breast pump can be operated with the app and can be hidden while using it. The pump is designed to be work under the clothing. The app is developed for this breast pump which allows to control and keep a track on the quantity of milk had been extracted without checking the storage bottles.
It is made with the different modes and suction levels which can be used to adjust the feeding patterns of your baby. The product is also quite easy for transportation due to its compact design.
· It is designed to wear inside of the standard nursing bra.
· The hidden feature of the breast pump provides the best privacy to the mothers.
· It is also manufactured with the silent motor, which would be easy to use in public.
10) iAPOY Electric Breast Pump
This electrical breast pump is made with the motor, which makes the product to work in the slight noise. The product is efficient for its robust suction levels with its adjustable settings. It also comes in two different models as single pumping or double pumping.
The product is added with the eight different adjustable suction levels, and it is quite easy to clean. The memory feature of this electric breast pump would remember the last time of your usage. It is delivered with the USB charging cable which can be carried anywhere you want to go.
· The motor of the breast pump is designed with less than 50 decibels.
· The breast pump is also included with an adapter which would be fit to the plastic baby bottles with average size.
We have shared a complete guide on how to clean breast pump and stearlize it to make it germs free. Do check it out and let us know in the comment section what you feel about it.
How to select suitable breast pumps?
Despite the availability of infinite breast pumps in the online market, it would be not easy to pick up the best one. We had mentioned some features to look out before buying the perfect breast pump for the mothers.
Efficiency – The breast pump should efficiently extract the milk with less energy and should provide excess comfort to the mothers.
Suction – The pumping process of the product should not hurt the mothers, and it should be easy to get rid of the pump.
Adjustable settings – The frequency and strength of the breast pump is also an important feature. It should extract the high amount of milk with a high frequency of suction level. It should have adjustable settings for a lower rate too.
Low noise – The motor of the product should be manufactured to ensure quiet operation. The facility would be secure for the mothers to use the breast pumps anywhere in home, office or public.
Price – The product should come at an affordable price with high-quality features. There is no need to spend excess amount as breastfeeding for the children is only for a specified period.
Easy maintenance: Cleaning is the main thing that should be considered for a breast pump, and if not done, it may cause bacterial infection.
Assemble and Replacement: The accessories of the product should be readily available in the market for a replacement. It also should be easy to set up to avoid frustrating situations in future.
If you are working women, these breast pumps will make things easier for you. At the workplace, there is a right to privacy and specific breaks to use the breast pump. If you are returning to your work while breastfeeding, your employer should be more understanding and respectable towards your motherhood phase, which can play a vital role in shaping your career back again.
Breast pumps are for every mother and every situation. Some of them are affordable, but some are very costly, so while purchasing it, you have to keep your budget in your mind. We will suggest you buy the breast pump according to your need. By choosing from these best breast pumps of 2020, you can start your typical lifestyle again